December 19, 2016

Going Rogue One.

I have a confession to make. Karl and I went to see Rogue One on Saturday. Every review I've seen says it's just an amazing movie and such a good addition to the franchise. I think I need to watch it again. I'm not sure if was because we were sitting in the row right behind the vibrating chairs so were getting some residual soothing vibrations, the PBJ I ate right before we went, the housework I did that morning, being super pregnant, or just the fact that it's been wayyyy too many months since I've had coffee, but I almost fell asleep during it. I know. I KNOW. I'm a horrible human being.

I don't normally fall asleep during movies, but I like to knit at home while I watch TV to stay awake and focused. Theaters usually keep me engaged enough that I'm not at risk of distraction what with the giant screen and loud noises, but apparently Saturday was just not my day.

The movie was good. The ending was perfect and I'm so glad I stayed awake for it. There were a lot of extra little things that fans of the franchise will love. It just started kind of slow and I think that's when it lost me.

I'm sorry, Rogue One. It's not you, it's me. I'm just in a weird head space. I promise that next time I watch you (and there will be a next time) I'll be on the edge of my seat the entire time, fully engaged, and wide awake. Let's try this again. I really do think we're meant to be.

5 comments:

  1. This does not bode well for our own date with Rogue One this coming Saturday...sounds like I will be taking extra candy to keep me occupied.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Confession: I can't do Star Wars. I wish I could pretend to be a cool nerd who's into that, but I can't. It bores me to tears and I don't understand it. I would've napped in the theater with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never seen any of the Star Wars movies haha I know I'm fired.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're missing out on a whole word of awesome!

      Delete
  4. We saw it with a friend of ours who had gone the night before on opening night. He warned us that the first 45 minutes or so were slow but it really picked up. So maybe I was prepared? But I thought it was great! He said when you watch it again you know who the characters are so you are more into it, so I'm sure it will be different the second time :)

    ReplyDelete

 photo comments_zps824b3be6.jpg