December 20, 2014

Lately

Two days from now my blog will be turning three. Part of me wants to be nostalgic and look at how much life has changed since then. I could comment on it, but I think having a blog and an archive kind of does the same thing, doesn't it? Long story short, I'm on my fourth job, moved away, bought a house, and got knocked up. I also bought a couple different pairs of boots and knit some mittens.

I'm officially on vacation. I'm sitting on my mom's couch in Victoria, using her laptop, trying to stay up past 8 o'clock. Thanks, two hour time difference. It's so glorious. I decorated her tree.

This is the second year in a row I've gotten two weeks off at Christmas. It's okay to hate me. And next year I'll be taking an extended 365 day Christmas vacation starting at the end of May. Because maternity leave is a year in Canada. It really is okay to hate me.

I made 349 cookies last weekend. I'm still high fiving myself.

I just signed up for Pinterest and started pinning cookie recipes. I feel so dirty. Except I made four of those recipes already so I think I'm owning Pinterest. I also have three followers so I'm kind of a big deal. Next up I'll be adding a Pinterest button to the blog because I'm so 2011. I still have a long way to go.

It's so good to be back on the west coast. It's so wet. The air is so humid. It's so above freezing!

I went to the library earlier this week. I got three books and haven't gotten enough sleep since.

Lemon lime goat cheese. Go out and get thyself some. It's like the sorbet of goat cheeses.

9:00 p.m.? Sounds like a reasonable bedtime.

5 comments:

  1. I would hate you so much over the Canadian maternity leave (I love the US, but then I read things like that and I hate it a little), but I'm also taking an extended maternity leave by quitting my job when the baby comes.

    Your line about the library could be the title of my memoir.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your time with family! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot express how much I am loving being on the coast too. So much rain!! I wish it was my present and that I could take it back with me.

    It's going to be so weird whenever we move back to BC and not have a two week christmas. You mean people work between December 20 and January 5?! But it will also be nice to not have to drive 13 hours through snowy mountains.

    I will follow you on Pinterest, but only if you also have non-food boards. I unfollow every single recipe board.

    I've only gotten kids' books at the library. They don't really keep me up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you got to go home for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's awesome that you're in Victoria! I was in Vancouver yesterday and thought of you as we passed Tim Hortons a dozen times...

    I am SO SO SO envious of your maternity leave. I really don't understand why the US has such short maternity leaves. It makes no sense. It was brutal going back to work after hanging out with Ellie for 4 months.

    ReplyDelete

 photo comments_zps824b3be6.jpg