October 02, 2012

And then...

We went on vacation and it was so needed. I even had a midday nap on the couch. It feels weird doing that at someone else's house, but it felt so, so right. As Natalie described our visit, it was an eating marathon. My sister in law is one heck of a cook, and she brought some of her southern need to make real, not so heart healthy meals, to the table. It was divine and I'll tell you about it another time.

Today I am not ready to be at work. We were up at 4:30 Alberta time yesterday morning to make our drive back home. It went really well, and we made record time, but we still didn't get home until just before 8 BC time. In case you're wondering about the math there, it's 16 hours from departure to arrival. Due to heavy ferry traffic, it was almost 18. It was a long, long day.

You know us, though, we wouldn't have it any other way. We own that trip.

Sleeping in our own bed was amazing last night. I have never, ever regretted buying the mattress we did, and I don't think I ever will. I am in love with my bed.

So I'm at work today, wearing a new dress, looking about as good as I ever do, but just not feeling it. My boss could have showered me in gifts and praises (no praises, just gifts today) but I still wouldn't want to be here. I'm feeling very unfulfilled today in my work and would rather just be at home, curled up in my hoodie and sweat pants, watching all the TV I missed while we were away.

I mean, I had a nice holiday, but now I feel like I'd like to just reset in the real world. My world. My cozy, dark, cave world known as my living room. This office is anything but cozy; it's downright frigid.

But still I plod on. Because that's what you do. And I'm pretty sure that by tomorrow I'll be feeling much more like myself again.

No comments:

 photo comments_zps824b3be6.jpg