September 18, 2012

Tuesday and I'm scattered like a bag of marbles dumped on the floor. Or my laundry.

I do a lot of laundry. No, seriously, I feel like it's all I do. When I'm not physically putting clothes in the washer or dryer I'm folding them. Or at least thinking of folding them. Generally the latter.

I really, really wish I had a house elf to do things for me, especially now that I have a legitimate excuse for being lazy. Hey, the doctor said I should be really tired all the time so why not use that as an excuse to put in my house elf application form? We may not be rich and our family may not be old but our house is from the 1930s. That has to count for something.

In other news, I can't stop looking at dog-shaming.com. I really can't. It's where I get the majority of my work day enjoyment. I just sit at my desk and giggle at all the dogs being shamed. You think I'm joking, don't you?

I don't know where my head's been at lately but I think I blame Twitter for all my thoughts and wordiness just drying up. That or I'm just feeling short and abrupt. In case you're wondering, I'm still really enjoying the Twitter. My following is huge (13 at present time) and includes Meg Cabot and Jars of Clay. Seriously, I could die Twitter happy. You think I tweet for other people? Nah, I do it for myself. That's the same reason I blog and put more photos than strictly necessary on Instagram. I just... enjoy it.

You know what I don't enjoy? Earl grey tea with coconut cream in it. I'm not generally a cream in tea drinker (not since I gave up the delicious steeped tea) but I figured I'd give it a go. It didn't ruin my tea but it certainly didn't do it any favours. And, just like when I tried coconut cream in my decaf coffee last week, it kind of curdled a bit. Some vigorous stirring solved that problem, but it still had a weird texture in my mug. I'll probably just stick to real cream for the time being.

And, finally, I have to tell you how I'm doing on the challenges I've set for myself. You might not remember, but I'm trying to avoid eating dessert (I freaking LOVE desert) and working on wearing things to work that I feel better in. Well, the dessert thing is going better than it would be if I hadn't made a conscious decision to avoid it. Other than that, people need to stop making their famous carrot cakes (the MIL), delicious almost sugar free fruit crumbles (my mom), and homemade berry pies with ice cream (Larissa, who is moving away with her pie recipe so I had to try it before then).

You can say it, I know I'm weak. The thing is, it was all delicious. Oh well, if I'm going to let myself down by eating dessert I might as well really enjoy it. There's nothing worse than a mediocre dessert. Especially if it's shameful.

Unlike my less than successful dessert avoidance techniques (which are still in action, FYI, and haven't been a total flop), my attempt to feel more comfortable and attractive in my clothes is going rather well. I haven't actually bought anything new (except for a Costco hoodie which really doesn't count) so I think it's even more impressive. Today I'm even rocking a belt over a cardigan. Dang, I'm blazing new trails left right and center here. For myself. Everyone else has been doing this for years. Typical.

Anyway, I feel pretty good. One thing I've been working on is not really worrying about it. I'll just wear my clothes intentionally and, by realizing that no one else thinks I look as weird as I do, cultivate an even better self image.

Now, if only I could kick the dessert habit. And the habit of spelling it desert.

No comments:

 photo comments_zps824b3be6.jpg