September 21, 2012

A little toilet talk.

Oh Friday, you always come and I always drag myself out of bed with the sun to great you with bleary eyes and a dog full of poop. Actually, that's mornings six days a week for me, but Fridays always seem a little harder. I still power through, though, because I don't want to lose my super hero status. Is the 6:30 to 11:30 day a standard one for everyone or am I just hardcore? You'll remember, me being so full of energy is what makes me a super hero because of the whole no iron in my body thing. Me and every other woman out there, I'm sure.

So, miracle of miracles, I've been migraine free for nine whole days. Finally. It's good to be a human again. I'm so human that last night I was actually looking forward to getting off work so I could clean the toilet. Seriously. That might have had a little something to do with the fact that yesterday was freaking boring and I just wanted to feel productive. The real ultra embarrassing reason, though, was that our toilet was starting to offend me. Not only was it no longer bright and white and turning a slightly more offensive looking dingy colour (I'm starting to understand why yellow and green toilets used to be so popular) but it was also starting to smell like a public bathroom. Okay, it did smell like a public bathroom, and that ain't right.

To be brutally, humiliatingly honest with you, I don't think the toilet has been cleaned since I painted the bathroom walls. For the first time. The scrubby brush wasn't even in the bathroom. It was sitting in the laundry where I put it... a very, very long time ago. Yes, I know, and I feel shame.

I also cleaned our sink last night. If you think cleaning the time lapse between toilet cleanings was deplorable you should probably stop reading now. It had maybe a month before the toilet's last cleaning that the sink was cleaned. Needless to say, I was spending as little time as possible around the sink and toilet as possible.

Before you think I'm really the most disgusting person in the world, as well as the laziest, I have an excuse. You might remember how three weeks ago I had big, uber productive weekend plans that involved painting our bathroom ceiling, putting up shelves, and doing goodness knows what else. Well, I was also going to clean our freaking bathroom. Then life happened and I got migraine after migraine after migraine, felt under the weather for weeks, and had to deal with the impact of a mother with a broken femur and a hundred pound dog.

Basically what I'm getting at is, things got rough, but I persevered and made it through. And I cleaned my freaking bathroom. The sad thing is my broken mother has cleaned her toilet twice since coming home from the hospital. I wish she'd channel some of that energy into my dishes or something.

Anyway, it's time for a vacation. We're going on one next week and it can't come soon enough. I need a break from early mornings, offensive bathrooms, peeling wall paint (yes, again), and dog poop. I also need a break from the endless monotony that is my day job, hopefully coming back re-energized feeling capable of handling what life throws at me. Goodness knows that two weeks ago I wouldn't have been able to say that.

I've also been thinking a lot about where my place is and what I want from life. I'm 24. I have no kids. I am financially stable. Now is the time for me to do the things that I'm afraid to do. If you know me well, you know I'm not much a risk taker. I don't even like going to a new yoga class alone. It took me months to even go to my regular yoga class alone.

First things first. Get through today, keep the deep thoughts inside a little longer, experience the weekend, get through the beginning of next week, and then leave this rock and have a well needed holiday. Bring it on.

No comments:

 photo comments_zps824b3be6.jpg