June 29, 2012

It's a conspiracy.

Yesterday something wonderful happened: I got mail. Getting mail really isn't that unusual when you've got credit cards, life insurance, a sponsor child, and a missionary you're supporting, but when the mail is more than a request for your money it's more exciting.

When I got home from work yesterday I checked the mail and lo and behold, there was the ink cartridge I ordered off of eBay! Then, when I opened the screen door, there was my clothes from Old Navy! Now you know what I've been doing at work for the past couple weeks.

Getting mail is so exciting even if it's something you know is coming. But when? WHEN is it coming? That's the eternal question that keeps me on the edge of my seat. That and when my polka dot cardigan will be showing up.

I think I might do all my shopping online from now on, just to keep life thrilling. And also to keep me from actually having to go places I hate (Old Navy) and spending stupid amounts of money on things that I can get for $20 less on eBay (printer ink).

Hurray!

Now, I realize this is incredibly random but I think it needs to be discussed. By me, mostly. Granola bar consistency. Not the homemade kind because they clearly have issues with consistency when they should be neatly squared and looking like the pictures in the recipe and not turning into charred granola. I'm talking about the Nature Valley kind.

Part of the reason I wanted to start making my own granola bars is because I am totally hooked to dark chocolate Nature Valley Trail Mix bars. (I tried to find a link to a picture of them but this is the closest I got)They are, quite simply, fantastic but there's a problem; they are really inconsistent. Yesterday I had one that was just covered in dark chocolate chunks and was beyond delicious. Today I had one with one chocolate chunk. Yep, just one. There have been times when I've had one of these granola bars only to find that I'm pretty sure they just mislabeled a fruit and nut bar. If I wanted a fruit and nut bar I'd have one, thank you very much. I want a dark chocolate granola bar and I expect that to be inside the green and brown wrapper. Seriously, people. It shouldn't be rocket science.

What's even worse than the disappointment of no dark chocolate is what goes on with the Quaker Dipps. Karl loves them (because he eats like a kindergartener and takes them and fruit leathers for lunch) so we tend to have them in the house more than I'd like. Those bad boys end up in the wrong wrappers all the time! We buy the big box from Costco and it's only supposed to have caramel and chocolate flavours. Sadly no delicious peanut butter, which changed my life, you know, when I first tried it (read: SO GOOD). Lucky me, though, the day I found a peanut butter masquerading as a yucky caramel! Oh wait, lucky me because it's yummy, but poor peanut intolerant kid that can't actually eat peanut butter and DIES.

It seems like it might be a bit of a dramatic morning.

I'm pretty sure that's not the first time I've found a mislabeled Chewy bar either, but it was the first time that something (albeit delicious) snuck into our box that was not only under cover but totally stowing away. It seems to me there are some serious shenanigans going on at granola bar factories across the country.

You heard it here first, folks.


No comments:

 photo comments_zps824b3be6.jpg