June 27, 2012

Breakfast winning.

Remember last week's granola bars that actually fit under the "bar" classification? Crumbly bar that needed a fork for the end of it, sure, but bar none the less. Well, this morning I was trying to think of something for breakfast that wasn't (a) going to bore me to tears (b) boring and (c) going to take any more effort than putting it on a plate/in a bowl. I slept well but was still tired, after all. So I went for one of the last remaining granola bars, grabbed a fork and a glass of milk and settled myself into my comfy chair with Harry Potter and the Order of the Pheonix talking me through it.

My big breakfast goal lately has been finding something that fills me up until lunch time that doesn't bore me to tears. Sometimes I do the oatmeal, raisins, cinnamon, and Greek yoghurt thing, but I can't do it every day. And smoothies aren't as fun without bananas, plus they're more labour intensive than I want every sleepy morning. My granola bars filled the spot, though, and, even though I snacked on some baby carrots around 11, actually kind of ruined my lunch. I didn't finish my quinoa salad because I just didn't have it in me. How was I to know that 1 1/2 granola bars (more or less, it's hard to tell when they're crumblyish) would do me in for lunch. Excellent. Except, of course, I got hungry right after I came back from lunch (I get an hour, was done eating less than ten minutes into it) because I'd only eaten half of what I normally would.

I'm really intrigued by the whole filling breakfast thing and think I'm going to give these a go. As much as the last granola bar recipe was okay (my mom loved them) I just don't go crazy for super nutty things. Unless they're peanut butter cups. We have mini ones from Costco in the office and they're killing me. So good. So unless those bars start tasting like peanut butter cups while maintaining their home cooked facade I won't be eating them very often. Milk helps though.

No comments:

 photo comments_zps824b3be6.jpg