April 01, 2013

Where do we go from here?

As you may or may not have noticed, I've been neglecting the blog. I'm sitting down every couple weeks and getting a few posts done all at once and then walking away and forgetting about it for a while. Except it's kind of hard to forget I have a blog when a good chunk of the people I follow on Twitter I follow because I know who they are through bloggingness. 

The thing is, my laptop has a broken screen and my brother in law has been working on fixing it. It's that or I use our TV screen, like I am now, but that gets a little awkward when Karl wants to watch TV. Watching me blog is not the same as watching Duck Dynasty. The settings on my computer also confuse me when plugged into the TV. Sometimes the audio comes through the surround sound, sometimes through the laptop speakers, and, today, not at all. Which makes blogging that much less entertaining. Except... that my mother just walked in, I asked her if she knew how to fix that problem, and it miraculously started working. Go figure.

A couple weeks ago I was using my mom's laptop and it was freeing. I can't use it all the time, though, and our old Dell laptop is a monster/pain in the backside. It's slow, and really only good for watching shows on once in a while. I don't like it.We have a nice chunk of money coming to us when we cancel our life insurance. I think I might just ask Karl to splurge and buy "me" a laptop as a gift. He mentioned buying me one before, but I thought it was wasteful. Now I want one dearly.

Anyway, I'm not giving up on my blog, not by a long shot, but it's going through a slow time right now. I get a lot of my thoughts out on Twitter (since I can't blog at work anymore I tweet all my wittiness) if you really miss me. I'm moving into a new position at work tomorrow, am in a wedding May 4th, and work's big event is May 14th (hint: if you live in BC you really should participate in it because democracy is no joke). 

I'm not gone, I'm still around, just not blogging as much. I'm also failing at responding to comments, which I feel bad about. I love that you comment! Please never stop even though I seem like a jerk. My computer time out of work is severely limited so I'm not doing a good job of following blogs, even the ones I adore.

Basically, I still love you, I still love my blog, and I'm not going far. Because I know you've been really worried about that.

Eventually I plan on getting a more applicable name and nicer design, but haven't had a chance to start looking into it yet. Name suggestions are welcome, as are donations of time as skill for new blog designs. I am also looking for someone to wash my floor so if you're interested, there's a toque (it's a Canadian beanie, okay?) in it for you.

Much love.

1 comment:

  1. Yay a blog!!! I've missed you! But I totally understand all your reasons for being away. I definitely vote for a new laptop with your life insurance money.

    I'm not good with coding and stuff but I'll totally make you a killer header for your new blog, whenever that ends up being. You have my e-mail. :)

    ReplyDelete

 photo comments_zps824b3be6.jpg