February 04, 2013

Bana-na-na-na.

So I probably shouldn't blog while watching TV. It makes me seem dumber than I am, I expect. Really, I'm a freaking genius. So... I apologize for the quality of two posts ago. I make no apologies for my last post, though. None at all.

Yesterday was Superbowl Sunday. This is only relevant because we ended up at a Superbowl party. I went for the food and brought my knitting. I do not enjoy football.

Well, there was a fair amount of food but after the over half an hour delay because of the lights going out, and the fact that football is an obscenely long sport, I had a hunger that potato chips alone would not satisfy. That's when I remembered a link Larissa sent me earlier in the week: Two-ingredient banana recipes.

I love bananas. Love, love, love bananas. They are my favourite fruit. When I stopped eating them this summer in an effort to get my brain in working order, it was agony. Now that I'm back on them, life is so much sweeter. I'm also incredibly lazy when it comes to the kitchen. Larissa just gets me, you know? Not that she's lazy like I am, but she knows what I need.

I also love cookies. Love, love, love. I had no idea cookies and bananas were compatible. Did you know it? Well, they are! Even better, they're delicious and have no sugar or butter. Why, they're two ingredient cookies!

When we got home from the Superbowl festivities I made these cookies for dinner and Karl and I ate them all.


I posted a photo of this on my Facebook page and people were confused by what the two ingredients could possibly be. For the record, if you haven't clicked on the link yet, the two ingredients are bananas and quick oats. That's it. If you look closely, you will see a couple chocolate chips. Don't worry, you can count and so can I. They're two ingredient cookies because they only need two ingredients to function. The few chocolate chips and bit of cinnamon that I added enhance them, but aren't necessary.

Anyway, these cookies are basically glorified baby food so I figure there's no shame in over-consumption. Also, they're pretty much vegan. The mix was even delicious and I didn't have to worry about salmonella when I licked the bowl. No. Shame.

Now, if you don't make these cookies you are on crackity crack. With dark chocolate chips (or none, but that's less fun) they're even vegan. And how easy would it be to make them gluten free? I wanted to save some for breakfast today, but it wasn't possible.

So yeah. Last night I was really thankful for bananas and Larissa. It was my reward for making it through the Superbowl and only falling asleep once.

I had to use all my self control to not make another batch of these tonight for dinner. Tomorrow I might not be so lucky.

5 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! I want. I have to make. I might not share ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow those look delicious!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will definitely be making these. I LOVE bananas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what Ethan and I are having for an afternoon snack

    ReplyDelete
  5. Several things: I LOVE that you brought knitting to a Superbowl party! I would do that too. *fist bump*

    I could live off bananas, so I will be making these immediately. I can't handle how good those look.

    ReplyDelete

 photo comments_zps824b3be6.jpg