August 08, 2012

A few of my favourite things.

I'm a pretty excitable person, as in, I get pretty excited about stuff. I get excited about things and I want to share them with the world. I'm not really sure the world cares too much, though. Either way, this is my blog and I'm the boss so I'm going to share some of my favourite things with you in a controlled environment.

Green cardigans. True story. I love green cardigans. I never really gave much thought to them, always gravitating towards dark grey ones as a general wardrobe staple (I've almost fully worn through my second one) but green cardigans are where it's at in the sweater world. Seriously. I have a couple and I feel like they go with pretty much everything I own. Unless I'm wearing a green shirt or dress because that's just too much green. And the best thing about green cardigans? My first solid green cardigan actually came from a clothing swap. Which means? Totally free. And my second one? Ten dollars. Green cardigans really are the best.

Fantasy Books. No joke. They are so good. Naturally, I really like A Song of Ice and Fire by George R.R. Martin; it's popular for a reason. I read the first four books in 2006/2007 so I'm pretty familiar with the books. Before I read that series, though, I was totally enamoured with The Fifth Ring trilogy by Mitchell Gaham.While it has a few issues with editing and the plot is a little weak I still think it's one of the best series I've ever enjoyed. When it comes down to it, I just like a really good story so issues be damned. The Memory, Sorrow, and Thorn series by Tad Williams is another one of my favourites. I haven't actually reread it yet like I have the others but I expect that someday I will. I did find it a little predictable at times, but it was written in the 80s so I'll let it slide. There are others, like The Eldarn Sequence, that I have also enjoyed but I'm not sure if it ranks quite as high on my epic fantasy series scale as the others.

Jars of Clay. Have you heard Dan Haseltine sing? Have you? What about Steve Mason? You should probably go do that right now either way. I'll wait.

The Hawk in Paris. What? I'm consistent. His voice is so magical! Actually, the Hawk in Paris is a little bit 80s for my always liking but they have a few songs that I absolutely adore ("Put Your Arms Around Me" and "The New Hello" both his and hers versions).

Audrey Assad. Talk about amazing voices. I wish I could sing half as well as she does. Not only that, I've found that she makes an excellent do anything around the house kind of music. Baking? Check. Cleaning? Check. Toilet scrubbing? Check. Tetris playing? Double Check.

Leagues. Their music makes me happy. Give them a try.

Certain songs. Matthew Mayfield's "Grow Old With You" makes me want to jump around almost as much as Kelly Clarkson does. Almost. "The Earth is Yours" by Gungor does pretty much exactly the same thing. I think these two songs were made to be played in sequence at a rather high decibel.

Healthy Indulgences. For serious. I've made quite a few recipes off this blog and that alone is a miracle. The fact that I keep coming back to it has to mean something and tt means these recipes are good.

Young House Love. This is where I got my spray paint everything idea. I'm not sure that's something they're promoting, but it inspired me nonetheless. Well, that and the fact that it kind of made me feel like I could be productive. If they can paint wood paneling then why the heck can't I organize a cupboard under the stairs. I'm not sure those two thoughts were originally tied together but just roll with it.

Polka dots. Polka dots on my phone case. Polka dots on my sheets. Polka dots on my storage boxes. Polka dots on my sugar canisters. Polka dots on my desktop. Polka dots on my wrapping paper. Polka dots on my migraine medicine bag. Polka dots on my socks, my underwear, my shirts, my skirt, my dress, my tights, my cardigan, my scarves, and on my headband. Polka dots on my blog. I just like them, okay?

And now you know.

No comments:

 photo comments_zps824b3be6.jpg