March 06, 2012

It makes me happy.

I had a rough fall. October through December were really not good months for me. I was struggling with finding a job and having some self esteem issues because of it. Completing university only to find oneself working a deep fryer was not only painfully clichéd but a low lower than I had ever been before. I was doing the one thing I swore I would never ever do. Actually, I never wanted to work in a restaurant as a server. I never even thought about cooking/grilling/frying.

I was so bummed out at the beginning of December for a multitude of reasons that I was going to skip out on a Christmas event I'd planned for some of my friends. Christmas is my favourite time of year. I was pretty down to want to skip some of it. I swapped my name out of the Secret Santa pool which wasn't very hard. I had given out the names and knew who had me. I gave her the name I had. She was the only person I told that I wasn't planning on going.

A few days later I got a text from my friend telling me to look in my mail box. Baby hedgehogs from Purdy's and Christmas teas from Teopia were waiting for me, along with a "We love you" message signed the Christmas Cheer Up Committee (or something along those lines). It was fantastic and exactly what I needed to cheer me up.

At this moment I'm finally enjoying one of my teas and, even though the baby hedgehogs are long gone, I thought I'd try to relive the moment by indulging in a chocolate bar. The Twix was totally stale, but the tea is doing its job and making my afternoon that much better. It's making me happy.

No comments:

 photo comments_zps824b3be6.jpg