June 30, 2018

More party, less business.

- I promise to no longer use a certain Bon Jovi song no matter how relevant it feels in my post titles. I'm sorry. I overdid it. I will try better to be better. Thank you for your forgiveness and understanding as I work through this character flaw.

- I hate walking down hallways at work. When you're walking down a hallway and someone is coming towards you, where are you supposed to look? At your feet? At the wall? The ceiling? Directly into the person's eyes and, by extension, their soul? If it's a colleague you know, what is the reasonable distance to acknowledge them? When you first see them at the end of the hall? When they're close enough to touch? As you're passing them do you go for the high five?

I think, for the sake of lessening the mental load, all work spaces should be rejigged to no longer include hallways and simply have more corners and walls instead.

- Molly is getting a mouthful of teeth and woke up shortly after 5 a.m. twice this week. Never, ever has one of my children been up for the day at 5 a.m. before and she did it twice in a row. Because she loves me.

- I wore my hair in a half bun half down the other day and got a bunch of compliments on it at work. I'm not even sure I like that hairstyle because it's basically the millennial's version of a mullet. Even though I'm on the fence about it, I'm trying to let go of the full mom bun (too much business, not enough party) but am too scattered to do my hair every day when it's down, so I'll just get my validation from others and the style grow on me.

- I started watching The Let Down on Netflix. It's an Australian comedy about a new mom and her life with a baby. I was really excited about it but had to stop watching halfway through the second episode. It was too painfully accurate about some of the hard things of motherhood.

- I started watching season two of Santa Clarita Diet instead. I remember enjoying the first season of it but I watched it when Molly was in the hospital at a couple weeks old so it's all a bit of a blur.

I am loving season two. I don't remember season one being this good. Nathan Fillion only adds to the brilliance.

- We looked at a house yesterday that had vinyl plank flooring and it blew my mind how nice it looked. I'm curious if it actually lives up to the hype. Anyone know?

- The house hunt is still slowly going along, but we've officially looked at two houses with our realtor, been to one open house, and driven by two others. That's like a 500% increase in the last eight days. I'll take it.

- Skinny jeans have their place, but I bought a pair of Gap "sexy boyfriend jeans" from Value Village the other day. For $10 they're like the sweatpants of jeans that I can wear to work on Fridays. The only thing I don't like about them is that I think"sexy" in this case means that they don't go to my belly button, so I think I might need to get a belt or something.

When I was in high school I used to cut the waistbands off my VV pants and move the belt loops down to make my own low rise jeans. Now I'm wishing I could do the opposite. They call them mom jeans for a reason. My hips were not only made for birthing children, they were made to hold my pants up. Motherhood humbles you.

- It's Canada Day tomorrow. I haven't gone to the fireworks in years, but Karl and I are going to go with a friend and I feel like I'm 17 again. Ask me how I feel at 6 o'clock Monday morning when Molly wakes up. That's a problem 17 year old Anna certainly never had to deal with. Does anyone else remember when waking up at 9 felt early on a day off?

9 comments:

  1. THE MILLENIAL MULLET. That’s perfect. I’ve tried that hairstyle a few times since cutting my hair shorter. I still can’t make up my mind.

    I watched The Letdown in two days. I adored it. I’m just far enough removed from the early days that I could watch it, but it is horrifyingly accurate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Embrace it. It's going to go down in history as one of the weirder fashion choices of our generation.

      Delete
  2. We have vinyl plank flooring in our kitchen. Most of me loves it because it's easy to keep clean with a broom and spray mop. The small part of me that doesn't love it is because I'm pretty sure the people who lived here before us did it themselves and did not do a great job so there are parts where it doesn't fit together and slips in and out of place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. ^also it does look nice, and has held up well despite poor installation.

      Delete
    3. Good to know! Thank you 😊

      Delete
  3. Fingers crossed you find a house that you love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will see your coworker hallway dilemma and raise you running into a casual acquaintance in the grocery store in every single aisle. So awkward. You already chatted in Aisle 3 so when you see each other 5 minutes later in Aisle 5 you purposely avoid eye contact, but it's so painful because you KNOW the other person is doing it on purpose and knows you're doing it on purpose!

    ReplyDelete

 photo comments_zps824b3be6.jpg